Ref No: 2016-2876
Location: Aberdeen - Offshore
Duration: 2 trips
Amec Foster Wheeler (www.amecfw.com) designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets for its customers across the global energy and related sectors.
With pro-forma 2014 annualised scope revenues of £5.5 billion and over 40,000 people in more than 50 countries, the company operates across the whole of the oil and gas industry - from production through to refining, processing and distribution of derivative products - and in the mining, clean energy, power generation, pharma, environment and infrastructure markets.
Amec Foster Wheeler shares are publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange and its American Depositary Shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange. Both trade under the ticker AMFW.
Purpose / Role
- To ensure that the performance and availability of instrumentation and control systems meets the standards required to achieve safety, production and environmental targets.
Key aims and objectives
- To execute all activities safely and efficiently to agreed work plans, safety management system requirements and best working practices.
Prime responsibilities and duties
- Carrying out planned maintenance in accordance with the requirements of the planned maintenance system.
- Assisting with the coordination of spare parts requirements and the optimisation of spares stack levels
- Carrying out unplanned maintenance as required
- Minimising downtime and contributing to the achievement of production targets
- Preparing technical reports as required
- Fault finding and rectification for instrumentation systems
- Carrying out isolations of instrument and control systems
- Holding special responsibility for the maintenance of fire and gas detection and alarm systems
- Inspection and maintenance of instrumentation equipment in hazardous areas
Key internal interfaces
- Other Technicians of different disciplines
- Discipline Supervisor
- Snr Maintenance Supervisor
- Head of O&M Function
Qualifications/Training - Essential
- Recognised Instrument Apprenticeship or equivalent training scheme
- HNC in Control/ Instrumentation Engineering
- NVQ/SVQ Level 3 certification in Maintenance
- COMPEX (Hazardous Areas) or equivalent
Experience - Essential
- Knowledge of hydrocarbon production systems and associated hazards
- Good understanding of process instrumentation
- Good knowledge of process control systems
- Good knowledge of fire and gas detection and ESD systems
- Clear understanding of cause and effect logic diagrams
- Fully familiar with the permit to work system and isolation procedures.
Personal qualities, aptitudes and skills
- Motivated and eager to contribute to continuous improvement both at a personal level and at a platform team level.
- Adhere to SHE principles, demonstrating commitment to safety through language, willingness to learn, behaviour and actions, complying with AMEC's safety practices and committed to zero tolerance of unsafe acts
- Good verbal, written and problem solving skills
- Good IT skills, building on existing proficiency and developing competence in the Company's and/or Client's CMMS
- Thorough and reliable worker showing attention to detail and a focus on achieving objectives in the most safe and efficient manner
- Deal with third parties in a professional manner
- Must be able to work flexibly as part of a team on own initiative, with little supervision
- Willing to work offshore rota and shift system
- Must work at all times in the best interest of AMEC and comply with the requirements of the Company's and/or the Client's Safety Management System (SMS)