Amec Foster Wheeler's Transmission and Distribution business has won a major new contract and we are looking to build our existing team; we are looking for Civil and Structural Engineers with background and experience in High Voltage Cabling and Substations.
As a Lead Delivery Engineer you will be responsible for the Delivery of engineering on discrete projects or tasks across a number of projects and ensuring deliverables produced in line with the contract, specifications, programme, and budget.
You will lead a small team to ensure execution of our contractual obligations and deliver Civil engineering activities on projects.
- Identify scope and schedule changes in accordance with the Change Control Process
- Produce and check engineering deliverables including calculations, drawings and reports which may cover in line with your competence:
- Foundation design and analysis
- Building design and analysis
- Drainage design
- Road layout and design for substations (industrial sites).
- Oil containment measures
- Fire Containment
- Associated Temporary work
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant procedures and regulations
- Ensure, as far as practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with agreed budget and schedule
- Maintain good communication with the Client and visit Assets when necessary
- Carry out site surveys where necessary
- Encourage and provide lateral learning within the project
- Assist in training and mentoring of graduates as required
- Lead where competent the production of standard technical specifications based on Client, European, and British Standards.
- Formal Academic Engineering qualification HNC or above
- Postgraduate engineering experience.
- Use of functional engineering tools
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Bachelor and / or Masters in engineering
- post graduate experience within nominated function on T&D projects
- Use of Functional CAD tools.
- Experience of leading others
Amec Foster Wheeler (www.amecfw.com) designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets for its customers across the global energy and related sectors.
Employing around 36,000 people in more than 55 countries and with 2015 revenues of £5.5 billion, the company operates across the oil and gas industry - from production through to refining, processing and distribution of derivative products - and in the mining, clean energy, power generation, pharma, environment and infrastructure markets.
Amec Foster Wheeler offers full life-cycle services to offshore and onshore oil and gas projects (conventional and unconventional, upstream, midstream and downstream) for greenfield, brownfield and asset support projects, plus leading refining technology.
Amec Foster Wheeler shares are publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange and its American Depositary Shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange. Both trade under the ticker AMFW.