Amec Foster Wheeler's Transmission and Distribution business has won a major new contract and we are looking to build our existing team; we are looking for Civil and Structural Engineers with background and experience in High Voltage Cabling and Substations.
As a Senior Engineer your responsibility would be to ensure technical quality and suitability of all deliverables on the project meeting all technical, construction and operation and maintenance requirements and produced with due account of Safety by design and our More 4 less approach. You will also need to provide direction in the production of engineering deliverables on project and ensure all deliverables are produced to meet the project, client, Amec Foster Wheeler and contract requirements.
Role Specific Requirements:
- Maintain the required technical quality of work and Ensure quality assurance system compliance and conduct periodic reviews.
- Identify scope and schedule changes in accordance with the Change Control Process
- Provide technical expertise across the team which may cover in line with competence:
- Foundation design and analysis
- Building design and analysis
- Drainage design
- Road layout and design for substations (industrial sites).
- Oil containment measures
- Fire Containment
- Associated Temporary work
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant procedures and regulations
- Ensure, as far as practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with agreed budget and schedule
- Keep up to date with technical developments, National and International standards and legislative requirements related to discipline work scope.
- Maintain good communication with the Client and visit Assets when necessary
- Carry out site surveys where necessary
- Encourage and provide lateral learning within the project
- Assist the Lead Engineer and others when requested in the execution of their responsibilities and duties
- Assist in training and mentoring of graduates as required
- Support the production of standard technical specifications based on Client, European, and British Standards.
- Formal engineering qualification from further education
- 10 years engineering delivery in a regulated and high safety critical sector
- Applicable Engineering Tools for role - In line with CAS role requirement for each task
- Membership to an engineering institution
- 5years experience in T&D sector
Amec Foster Wheeler (www.amecfw.com) designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets for its customers across the global energy and related sectors.
Employing around 36,000 people in more than 55 countries and with 2015 revenues of £5.5 billion, the company operates across the oil and gas industry - from production through to refining, processing and distribution of derivative products - and in the mining, clean energy, power generation, pharma, environment and infrastructure markets.
Amec Foster Wheeler offers full life-cycle services to offshore and onshore oil and gas projects (conventional and unconventional, upstream, midstream and downstream) for greenfield, brownfield and asset support projects, plus leading refining technology.
Amec Foster Wheeler shares are publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange and its American Depositary Shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange. Both trade under the ticker AMFW.