Amec Foster Wheeler's Transmission and Distribution business has won a major new contract and we are looking to build our existing team; we are looking for Civil and Structural Engineers with background and experience in High Voltage Cabling and Substations.
As a Junior Engineer you will be responsible for the production and quality of design outputs assigned, delivered against the allocated programme and budget. You will also need to develop yourself and support others to improve engineering competence.
Role Specific Requirements
- The quality of all design specifications/ design appraisal/ construction/ fabrication drawings, calculations and documents. These will cover the following areas under guidance and supervision of the Lead, Senior and Principal Engineers:
- Foundation design and analysis
- Building design and analysis
- Drainage design
- Road layout and design for substations (industrial sites).
- Oil containment measures
- Fire Containment
- Associated Temporary work
- The adherence to and control of documents and drawings in accordance with AMEC Foster Wheeler management procedures
- Design input/output, to budget and deadlines and within the designated risk management process
- Accept ownership of work to be done (i.e. being required to undertake specific actions within an agreed job boundary, the execution of a delegated task, activity or process)
- Providing programme updates to the Lead Engineers and the Team Leader for the duration of the project life
- Highlighting any quality and delivery risks
- Provide a technical interface with 3rd parties
- Formal Academic Engineering qualification HNC or above
- Use of functional engineering tools.
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Bachelor and / or Masters in engineering
- Use of Functional CAD tools.
Amec Foster Wheeler (www.amecfw.com) designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets for its customers across the global energy and related sectors.
Employing around 36,000 people in more than 55 countries and with 2015 revenues of £5.5 billion, the company operates across the oil and gas industry - from production through to refining, processing and distribution of derivative products - and in the mining, clean energy, power generation, pharma, environment and infrastructure markets.
Amec Foster Wheeler offers full life-cycle services to offshore and onshore oil and gas projects (conventional and unconventional, upstream, midstream and downstream) for greenfield, brownfield and asset support projects, plus leading refining technology.
Amec Foster Wheeler shares are publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange and its American Depositary Shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange. Both trade under the ticker AMFW.