Amec Foster Wheeler's Transmission and Distribution business has won a major new contract and we are looking to build our existing team; we are looking for an Electrical Engineer with background and experience in Designing High voltage Substations.
The Lead Delivery Engineer will be responsible for the delivery of engineering on discrete projects or tasks across a number of projects, ensuring deliverables produced in line with the contract, specifications, programme, and budget. You will lead small team to ensure execution of our contractual obligations
- Achieve safety standards as defined in personal performance contract
- Be responsible for assessing effectiveness of working practices and systems with a view to continuously improving systems, personal and team performance
- Carry out work in accordance with company and project Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality systems
- Maintain the required technical quality of work
- Identify scope and schedule changes in accordance with the Change Control Process
- Maintain planning and cost control on all scopes
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant Codes, Standards, Regulations and Procedures
- Ensure, as far as is practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with the agreed budget and schedule
- Keep up to date with technical developments, National and International standards and legislative requirements related to the discipline scope
- Prepare estimates and schedules and assist in their review
- Maintain good communication with the client
- Maintain discipline filing system
- Encourage and provide lateral learning within the project
As a Lead Delivery Engineer we would expect you to demonstrate a commitment to the Amec foster Wheeler values and set a good personal example on HSSE issues within your area of operation. You will need to be able to co-operate with the company in all matters of health, safety and environment protection and make your contribution to reducing accidents and conserving natural resources
Formal Academic Engineering qualification HNC or above
Extensive Postgraduate engineering experience.
Use of functional engineering tools
Good Interpersonal Skills
Batchelor and / or Masters in engineering
post graduate experience within nominated function on Transmission and Distribution projects.
Use of Functional CAD tools.
Experienced leading others
Amec Foster Wheeler (www.amecfw.com) designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets for its customers across the global energy and related sectors.
Employing around 36,000 people in more than 55 countries and with 2015 revenues of £5.5 billion, the company operates across the oil and gas industry - from production through to refining, processing and distribution of derivative products - and in the mining, clean energy, power generation, pharma, environment and infrastructure markets.
Amec Foster Wheeler offers full life-cycle services to offshore and onshore oil and gas projects (conventional and unconventional, upstream, midstream and downstream) for greenfield, brownfield and asset support projects, plus leading refining technology.
Amec Foster Wheeler shares are publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange and its American Depositary Shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange. Both trade under the ticker AMFW.