Amec Foster Wheeler's Transmission and Distribution business has won a major new contract and we are looking to build our existing team; we are looking for an Electrical Engineer with background and experience in Designing High voltage Substations.
As a Junior Engineer you will be responsible of the production and quality of design outputs assigned, delivered against the allocated programme and budget and to develop self and support others to improve engineering competence.
Role Specific Requirements:
Delivery under guidance during the your development as required covering the list below, although this is not exclusive,
- Substation layout and section drawings
- Equipment specification
- Protection & control equipment design and application at all stages, starting from equipment approval for commercial use, design development stage and detailed engineering stage
- Assessment of protection & control equipment to meet the requirements of the electricity industry standards.
- Prepare conceptual level designs for networks, substations etc.
- Gather all relevant information and drawings direct from network operator
- Design Main Connections and Protection arrangements and prepare drawing.
- Design site layout and prepare drawings for: transformers, switchgear, busbars and down leads
- Prepare information for civil engineering interface.
- Design AC/DC schematics and prepare drawings.
- Design panel G.A.s and prepare drawings.
- Prepare wiring diagrams.
- Prepare multi core schedules.
- Support preparation of standard technical specifications based on IEC and British Standards.
- Carry out system protection reviews and grading calculations
You will be required to demonstrate a commitment to the Amec foster Wheeler values and set a good personal example on HSSE issues within your area of operation. You will also have to be able to co-operate with the company in all matters of health, safety and environment protection and make your contribution to reducing accidents and conserving natural resources.
Formal Academic Engineering qualification HNC or above
Use of functional engineering tools.
Good Interpersonal Skills
Amec Foster Wheeler (www.amecfw.com) designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets for its customers across the global energy and related sectors.
Employing around 36,000 people in more than 55 countries and with 2015 revenues of £5.5 billion, the company operates across the oil and gas industry - from production through to refining, processing and distribution of derivative products - and in the mining, clean energy, power generation, pharma, environment and infrastructure markets.
Amec Foster Wheeler offers full life-cycle services to offshore and onshore oil and gas projects (conventional and unconventional, upstream, midstream and downstream) for greenfield, brownfield and asset support projects, plus leading refining technology.
Amec Foster Wheeler shares are publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange and its American Depositary Shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange. Both trade under the ticker AMFW.