Ocean Installer Wins Offshore Construction Work

Published at 01:00PM - 04/12/15

Ocean installer has won further offshore construction work within the offshore oil and gas industry securing employment across three of the company’s offices and its flagship construction vessel.

The company, who specialise in subsea services for the global oil and gas industry, said the contract will start with immediate effect.

Offshore Construction Work

The contract will see Ocean Installer provide, the Aje Ph1 project, with a full compliment of subsea services, including installation and hook up of flowlines, umbilicals, as well as the fields mooring buoys.

Ocean Installer have said that their flagship vessel, the Normand Vision, has been sent to the field, and will be conducting all offshore work on the contract. The fields operator Yinka Folawiyo Petroleum, is looking to fast-track the offshore field’s development.

The Norwegian based company said actual work in field will start during the first quarter of 2016, whilst the engineering and project management will start immediately and be spread across the company’s offices in Stavanger, Norway; Aberdeen, UK; and Houston, USA.

Speaking on the contract signing, Ocean Installer CEO, Steinar Riise, said: ”We are very pleased to have been awarded our second major contract in West Africa.”

“This proves our Africa strategy is fruitful and allows us to further strengthen our foothold and develop our relationship with clients active in the region.”

We are looking forward to joining efforts with Ariosh Engineering on this project to ensure a safe, high quality and efficient execution.”

Aje Field

The Aje gas and condensate Field is located in the Benin Basin, in 900 meters (3 000 feet) of water, approximately 15 miles (24km) offshore of western Nigeria. The field is operated by Nigerian based Yinka Folawiyo Petroleum.

The Aje Field is a joint venture between Yinka Folawiyo Petroleum (operator), 60%, with the remaining 40% split between partners Chevron Nigeria Deepwater; Energy Equity Resources; Jacka Resources; Panoro Energy; Vitol Exploration Nigeria.